Saturday, April 9, 2011

learning to sew....

 a few months ago my mother brought back my grandmothers sewing machine from michigan. i have always wanted to learn to sew and i thought what better then to learn on my grandma's old machine. i have had my sewing machine collecting dust for the past few months and finally had the desire to try my hand at this whole sewing thing.

for my trip to china my parents bought me a kindle and let me tell you, i am totally obsessed! i have a bunch of fabric samples from my work and thought they might work perfect for making a kindle case. i consulted my go to source on all things, google and found a great website that had free sewing patterns (http://www.allfreesewing.com/). it was super simple and i couldn't be happier with the results! i can't wait to make another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment