Saturday, June 18, 2011

three bean pasta salad with tuna and feta cheese

i have always loved pasta salad but me, having the taste buds of a 5 year old, usually hates most of the main ingredients. so today i decided to make my own. i finally got around to cleaning out the cupboard and found the perfect items for my pasta salad. 
i used kidney beans, white beans and garbanzo beans. i also found a can of tuna and a box of whole grain penne. i looked up some recipes online to find a dressing but ended up winging it. i used olive oil, balsamic, vinegar, salt and pepper, rosemary and oregano. oh and a little sugar. i cooked the pasta and let it cool. i drained the beans and the tuna and set them to chill. once everything had cooled i mixed it all up and added the dressing. i topped it off with a little feta and it was ready.




i loved my little pasta salad creation and am pretty sure i will make it many times over the summer with whatever i have laying around. 
it is so nice to have my kitchen clean and organized and i can't wait to make my next creation.....i'm thinking some sort of pie.....

xoxo cbe

No comments:

Post a Comment